Do you know you can Lock Aadhaar Card? An aadhaar is one of the best ways for the government of India to provide benefits to the people. It is also used as a proof of identity and validation. However, it is also important to keep it safe from misuse.
For security purposes, the aadhaar cardholder can use the Aadhaar lock. The official authority UIDAI introduces this potential for the users to lock their aadhaar.
They can unlock the features as per requirement and hence they can prevent misuse. Through this convenience, one can lock and unlock it.
When a person locks his aadhaar number, the authentication can not be performed. In such a case, he can use a virtual id to authenticate. Additionally, the individual can unlock the card when he needs it. This way he can avoid misuse of his aadhaar card.
Lock Aadhaar Card
Locking aadhaar card is a new feature that the UIDAI has introduced for better privacy and security terms. It is a great step toward privatizing the information of an individual. With the help of this feature, a person can lock his aadhaar number and thus no one can misuse his card.
The government introduces this feature for all citizens to keep their biometric data privacy. The individual can also keep his iris and fingerprint private when it is locked.
Benefits of Locking Aadhaar Card
Locking an aadhaar is another term for complete security. The government provides this feature to the people so that their biometric data is not leaked. When an individual locks his card no one can misuse it.
Furthermore, the main objective of locking it is to keep the data safe from fraud. The individual can use a virtual id for the authentication. When it is locked, the authentication can not be performed which means your data is not disclosed.
Apart from that, the aadhaar card lock is an efficient way to minimize the fraud factor and it does not allow an unauthorized person from approaching it to misuse.
How to Lock Aadhaar Card? Online Process
An individual can lock it online by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on “My Aadhaar” from the drop-down menu and select the “Aadhaar lock/unlock” option.
- Place the cursor on “Lock UID” and click it to fill in the details.
- Click on “Send OTP” and you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Click submits and your aadhaar will be locked.
How to Lock Aadhaar Card Through SMS?
A user can lock it via SMS by following these steps:
- Send an SMS to 1947 from your registered mobile number. The format of SMS goes like GETOTPLast four digits of your aadhaar number.
- You will shortly receive a six-digit OTP from UIDAI via SMS.
- Now to lock your aadhaar number, you have to send another SMS with the format – LOCKUIDLast four digits of the aadhaar number are six-digit OTP.
Note: If the number is registered to various aadhaar numbers then you will have to send the last 8 digits instead of four digits.
How to Unlock Aadhaar Card? Online Procedure
To unlock it through an online method, you have to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Place the cursor on the “My Aadhaar” tab and select the “Aadhaar lock/unlock” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Unlock UID” and fill in the security code and necessary information in the fields.
- Click “Send OTP” and you will receive it on your number.
- Enter OTP and click submit.
How to Unlock Aadhaar Card Through SMS?
Here are the steps to follow to unlock the aadhaar card:
- Send an SMS to 1947 using the following format: GETOTPLast 6 digits of your virtual id number.
- You will receive a six-digit OTP through SMS.
- To unlock the aadhaar number you have to send another SMS to 1947 using the following format: LOCKUIDLast six digits of the virtual id and six-digit of the OTP number.
The aadhaar is an important piece of document that is safe and secure. It contains personal information about an individual therefore the UIDAI introduces the lock and unlock feature. Through the lock feature, the aadhaar number will not allow authentication. A person can lock aadhaar card or unlock it through an online method or via SMS. It is a great way to prevent misuse or fraud.