An aadhaar card is a necessary document that is used for the identification of a person. It is not just limited to this but also various other purposes such as availing government schemes.
therefore, linking your aadhaar card to your bank account will bring more convenience to your tasks. There are many simple ways that you can use to link an aadhaar card to the bank.
Link Aadhaar With Bank Account
Linking an aadhaar with a bank account is necessary and an individual can do it both ways online and offline. To link the aadhaar card with the bank it is important to register yourself in a bank. A person can use an online banking app or internet banking to avail of the facility.
You might also be interested to know How to Link Aadhar to Driving License?
Is it mandatory to link Aadhaar with a bank account?
No, it is not made mandatory by the government of India. You can use your aadhaar card as proof of identity separately. In addition, honest taxpayers won’t escape this process. They should link their aadhaar with the bank account yet it is not mandatory.
How to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account? Through Internet Banking
You can link an aadhaar with a bank account using internet banking. Follow these steps to link the account online:
- Use the net banking facility and enter your password and customer ID to log in to your bank account.
- “My Account” section will appear on the screen from where you have to select “Update aadhaar with bank accounts (CIF)”
- To register yourself you need to enter your profile password.
- Now, a page will appear on the screen where you will enter your aadhaar number twice.
- Lastly, you will enter all the important details, and a confirmation message saying successful aadhaar initiation will be shown on the screen.
How to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account? Through Bank Branch – Offline Procedure
Another way to link an aadhaar with your bank account is an offline procedure in which you have to visit the nearest bank branch. Follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest bank branch and fill out the “Aadhaar Linking” application form.
- Enter your bank details and aadhaar number with accuracy.
- Take a self-attested copy of the original aadhaar card while visiting the bank.
- Submit your application and you will receive a confirmation SMS within 24 hours on the registered mobile number.
How to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account? Through ATM – Offline Procedure
Linking an aadhaar with a bank account is no more a big task. You can link them by following these steps:
- Visit your nearest ATM
- Enter your debit card account and your pin
- Choose the option of linking aadhaar with the bank from the options
- Enter your aadhaar number
- It will link your aadhaar with your bank account
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar by SMS
Linking a bank account with an aadhaar is very easy by an SMS. There is a specific format to follow here are the steps for it:
- First thing first, an individual has to type an SMS using this format: UID <space> Aadhaar number <space> Account number and send it to the bank’s customer care number.
- You will receive a message saying your request is received.
- Meanwhile, the bank will verify the person’s details with UIDAI.
- In case, the verification of a person turns out unsuccessful, the bank will ask him to visit the nearest bank with his original aadhaar card.
How to link Aadhaar with a bank account through Mobile Application?
Almost all of the banks have their applications that make it more convenient to do your bank tasks just with a few clicks. Similarly, you can link an aadhaar with a bank account through a mobile application:
- First of all, you should have the bank application on your mobile or you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- For logging in to the application you have to provide your bank credentials such as username and password.
- From the options, click Service Requests.
- Next up, select the bank account with which you want to link your aadhaar.
- Enter your aadhaar number for verification.
- Click “Confirm” after accepting the terms and conditions.
Bank Aadhaar Link Status
After applying for the aadhaar link with the bank you can check the status of the process. For this purpose you have to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- You will see some options on the website from where you have to choose “Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Link Status”.
- A page will appear on the screen where you will enter your UID number and security code.
- Select “Send OTP”, and you will receive an OTP on your mobile number that you have registered.
- Now, after entering your OTP the website will display a page saying your Aadhaar mapping is done which ensures that your linking is done.
This is how you can check the status of your bank and aadhaar linking and you can stay updated.
Updating Aadhar Number Through Phone Banking
If your bank allows phone banking then you can do this with these steps:
- Dial the number which is for phone banking and choose the Aadhaar bank account link option.
- The bank representative will ask you to enter your aadhaar number through the dial pad. By following the bank’s instructions you will end up updating your aadhaar number through phone banking very simply.
Benefits of Linking Aadhar with Bank Account
An aadhaar is an important KYC document and it is a mandatory card for all Indian citizens therefore it provides many benefits to the cardholders. However, linking an aadhaar with a bank account has more privileges. Here are some of the benefits:
- After linking the aadhaar with a bank account you can become eligible for all the government subsidies.
- You can directly collect your pension, welfare funds, scholarships, MNREGA wages, etc into your bank account.
- The payment processes become easier.
- The authorities that require your aadhaar and bank account can verify them in one place if they are linked. This way the process becomes less time-consuming.
The Aadhaar card itself is a mandatory document that provides ease and benefits in so many ways. While linking it to the bank account will make an efficient way for you to avail the facilities of the government. Furthermore, the government provides multiple easy ways for the public to link an aadhaar with a bank account. A person can choose any of the methods that go well with his convenience. This way a person can have various benefits after merging the aadhaar and bank account.