The state government of India issues ration cards to the people which is an important piece of document. This card provides them with food and grains from the Public Distribution System under the National Food Security Act.
Since the ration card is an old and important card for the Indian people, therefore, linking it with the aadhaar card is more beneficial. The aadhaar card is used for the person’s authentication while linking the two cards will streamline all the advantages for the cardholder.
Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card
Linking an aadhaar card to a ration card can help eliminate the risks of fraud. this way people can have all the advantages of streamlining. Further, the government has taken this initiative recently to link the two-card so that the verification of the person is not a big deal. this way they can also save some time.
Additionally, the individual can have all the facilities that the government provides. It is an easy and efficient way of authorization. There are quite simple ways that people can use to link an aadhaar to a ration card.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar to Ration Card
There are many advantages of linking an aadhaar to a ration card. These benefits are for the government as well as for the people. Since the verification becomes easier thus the job of the government becomes less time-consuming. Here are some more benefits of linking an aadhaar card with a ration card.
- It will reduce the fake ration cardholders and the government will provide them to the BPL (Below poverty line) families.
- The individual will automatically not be able to have another ration card once it is linked to an aadhaar card. This will reduce fraud.
- After merging the two cards people can’t fraud with the government.
- The biometric system will allow the PDS shops to identify the authentic beneficiaries and provide them with the benefits.
- Diversion and leakage of ration cards will stop.
- Linking the aadhaar card to the ration card will eradicate corrupt middlemen.
- It will promote a better system with an efficient framework.
Ration Card Aadhaar Linking Deadline
The government has extended the deadline for linking the aadhaar card to the ration card. The government declares the latest deadline of 2022 which is June 30th, 2022. The deadline for linking the two cards keeps changing so that each citizen links his cards for his good.
Is it mandatory to link the Ration Card and Aadhaar card?
Yes, the imposition of linking an aadhaar to a ration card is mandatory. The government of India considers it a mandatory step to link them since it is for the better of the public.
Furthermore, it promotes a better system to prevent duplicates and provide all the benefits to the people. Therefore, one must make sure that his ration card is linked to the aadhaar card before the deadline.
Documents Required To Link Aadhaar and Ration Card
Here is the list of the documents that you need while linking the aadhaar and ration card:
- Copies of the aadhaar card of all the family members
- A copy of the family’s head’s aadhaar card
- Passport size picture of the head of the family
- Copy of bank passbook
- Copy of ration card (Bring the original ration card for the live verification)
How to link Aadhaar with a ration card online step-by-step? Offline Procedure
The government of India provides a convenient offline way to link an aadhaar with a ration card. Furthermore, it is for those people who are not much familiar with the internet or who want to do this in front them. Here are the steps to follow:
- First thing first, visit the nearest ration shop.
- Carry the complete documents mentioned above along with you.
- In case your aadhaar card is not linked with the bank you can provide a copy of your bank passbook.
- Submit all these documents with a copy of your aadhaar card.
- The representative at the ration shop will ask you for fingerprint authentication.
- You will receive an SMS after submitting the documents. Moreover, you will also receive an SMS as soon as the documents are linked.
How to link Aadhaar with a ration card step-by-step? Online Procedure
Many states in India provide an online method for linking the two cards. This is an easy way to do it wherever you are. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of the PDS portal (make sure you reach out to your state’s PDS portal)
- Fill in your ration card number in the given field
- then enter your aadhaar number
- Insert your registered mobile number
- Click on the continue button
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number
- Lastly, enter the OTP and click submit to link the aadhaar card to the ration card
Note: Each state has its own PDS portal.
How to link Aadhaar with a ration card online step-by-step? Through SMS
You can also link these two cards via SMS. It is one of the easiest ways to link them. However, it is important to follow the format. There is a proper format to link an aadhaar with a ration card. Here it is:
UID SEED <enter short code> <scheme short code> <program/scheme id> <Aadhaar number>
How to check the status of Aadhaar and Ration Card Linking?
You will receive an SMS as a confirmation of aadhaar and ration card linking. However, another way that you can use is that you can take a copy of your aadhaar and ration card to the nearest PDS shop. In addition, to find out about the card linking you will provide your biometrics.
The aadhaar card is a mandatory piece of document for all the people of India. While the ration card is the oldest card for the BPL families to avail the food and grains from the PDS shop. In addition, recently the government confirms that it is mandatory to link an aadhaar to a ration card.
This way the government can reduce the fake ration cardholders and establish an efficient system for the BPL families. Moreover, linking aadhaar to ration cards will eradicate fraud as well. The authentication of an individual becomes easier.