Basava Vasati Yojana (aka RGRHCL) is a scheme that provides homes to homeless people in India. The scope of this scheme is so vast that those who can’t afford to buy a house can have this facility with help of this scheme.
This scheme is commonly known as RGRHCL (Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited). Furthermore, the government aims to establish an enhanced system of housing for eligible families under the RGRHCL scheme.
What is Basava Vasati Yojana?
Basava Vasati scheme is a thoughtful initiative by the Indian government. The main objective of the scheme is to provide shelters to needy families.
Along with many other basic necessities of life, having a house comes on top. Therefore, the government of Karnataka created this system for a better living state for the public.
In addition to it, the government provides houses at a very low commercial cost to support people having weak financial states.
History of Basava Vasati Scheme
Basava Vasati scheme was introduced in 2021, based on a well-managed system to provide houses to the needy people in the country. During the year 2020-21 the Minister of Karnataka fixed a budget of 2500 crore for this initiative.
The purpose of starting this scheme was to facilitate all the people no matter if they are coming from rural or urban areas. Additionally, the target of the Karnataka government was the economically weaker sections of the state.
Key Features of Basava Vasati Yojana in Karnataka
The Basava scheme is the initiative of the Karnataka government to provide basic necessities like shelter to needy people.
The key features of this scheme are as follows:
- Provide shelter to the beneficiaries
- The scheme aims to help the needy families
- Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited manages the scheme
- Huge budget allocation
- Target the economically weaker areas
Who can apply for Basava Vasati? Eligibility Criteria
Those who want to apply for the scheme must fall under the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be from the BPL
- He must be a resident of Karnataka
- The annual income should not be more than INR. 32,000
- Must have land where he can construct the house
- Must not own a pucca house anywhere in the state
Basava Vasati Beneficiaries
The beneficiaries of the scheme are selected by the gram panchayat authority. The beneficiaries can view the list online from the portal. In addition, the beneficiaries are also selected through the lottery system which the Block Development officer will select.
After choosing the beneficiary the officer visits the address of the applicant and forwards Form-17 to the executive officer.
Documents Required to apply for Basava Vasati Scheme
Here is the list of documents that are required to apply for the Basava Vasati scheme:
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of address
- Age proof of candidate
- Source of income proof
- Passport-size photographs of the candidate
How to apply for Basava Vasati Yojana? Online Method
- Visit the official website of RGHCL
- On the homepage, click on “Apply online”
- Move the cursor and click on the form link
- Fill out the application form accurately
- Click submit to process the application
How to check Basava Vasati Beneficiary Status?
You can check the Bsava Vasati beneficiary status through the following steps:
- Open the official website of RGHCL
- On the homepage, from the main menu choose the “Beneficiary information” tab
- The website will redirect you to a page where you have to enter your district and required details
- Click the submit button to view the status on the screen
Benefits of Basava Vasati Yojana
With the help of Basava yojana, many Indian people have benefitted. The effective system of the scheme allows economically weaker families to have shelter.
- The eligible families will have their own house
- Families that do not possess any house can avail of a house at a reasonable cost
- Effective management
- 2500 crore budget
- Needy families can have their own houses
- Secure space for everyone
The Basava Vasati yojana is the scheme that was introduced by the government of Karnataka. Having a house means a safe place to live in. therefore, the scheme provides houses to needy families who lie below the poverty line.
Furthermore, the responsible authorities set up a budget of 2500 crores for this initiative. Thus, everyone who is eligible for it can apply for the scheme and have his house.